Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 3rd -May 6th (long weekend... Children's Day and Buddha's Birthday)

This weekend was really great... Not to mention the fact that it was four days long.  It was full of new experiences and fun.  
Saturday, I met Professor Ahn at Hoegi Station, and we took the Subway together to Anguk station, near Insadong, and went to some art exhibitions.  They were all contemporary artexhinits.  All of the art was really conceptual, emotional, and very interesting.  That night, my host brother, his grandmother, and two of his cousins came over, and we went to eat calpi (spelling?) and then went to a Norebang (karaoke). I tried singing one song... But it was AWFUL!!!!

Sunday my host mom, brother, her brother and his wife, and their little girl all went to a Korean wedding in Gangnam.  It was beyond beautiful.  I have never seen such an ornate wedding.  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, because I wasn't sure if that would be rude.  It was very fast, and there was an amazing Korean dinner afterward.  Once dinner was over, the family and I went out in Gangnam for coffee and cakes.  It was a very relaxing and enjoyable day. 

Monday was children's day... And my family had planned a trip to Namsan Tower for this day.  There is kind of like a little park with traditional Korean buildings/ activities near the base of the tower. We played games, and took a Korean paper folding class.  We then went to take a cable car up to the actual tower.  The wait was VERY long due to the holiday.  It was worth it, though.  Once at the top, we ate dinner.  After dinner, it was getting late, and everyone was wearing down, so we went home.  

Tuesday was probably my favorite day of the weekend.  This was Buddah's birthday.  Again, my host mom had planned an amazing trip.  I'm so thankful for everything she has done for me.  I really feel like part of the family.  We went to Nami Island... Way out in the country.  It was nice to get out of the city for a day.  To say that Nami island was beautiful would not be doing it justice. It was breathtaking.  Nature, and animals, as fun activities, and just being together and bonding with the family.  We ate dok calpi afterwards. So delicious. 

Museum photos:



Host brother's cousins and I: 

Norebang: 

Sunday after the wedding:



Monday, namsan tower/ park photos: 




Bondaegi (moth abdomen) 



Tuesday, Nami island: 














































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home