Monday, April 21, 2014

Weekend #1

This past weekend was really nice :))
Friday night, Professor Ahn picked me up at the apartment, and took me to meet her husband at a Chinese/ Korean fusion restaurant.  I was happy to meet her husband, he was very nice and very intelligent.  Professor Ahn has been very helpful during my time here so far.

Saturday morning I woke up around 8:00
My host brother and his mother woe up shortly after.  She cooked a big breakfast (like every morning) and we hung out and relaxed around the apartment for a little while.
around 11 we took a Taxi to Insadong.  Insadong is a part of the city that is really popular to foreigners.  We walked around and looked at all of the shops and some art galleries.  We ate a really delicious Korean meal at a small restaurant.  Shortly after lunch, we ate Bingsu (shaved ice with sweet red bean paste) and traditional Korean Quince tea.  
My host mother was nice enough to have my own chop made for me in a small shop.  She is always doing really sweet things like that for me to make me feel welcome and at home.  I am very grateful that I got placed with such an awesome family.  

Sunday morning, i met professor Ahn and her husband at Hoegi station, and they took me to church for  Easter service. Professor Ahn and I ate brunch at a Korean restaurant while her husband went to get his mother for the church service.  We ate bean sprout and rice soup, and a Korean style potato pancake.  As usual with Korean food, it was very delicious.  Once brunch was finished, we went to the English church service.  The service itself was very different than what I am used to, but I am still thankful that I was invited to go.  
After church, Professor Ahn dropped me off near Hongdae station.  I wandered around by myself for a while until I found a spot on the street that had wifi, which I used to contact a friend that I had not seen since the Hanyang Summer program almost two years ago.  I got very, VERY lost... but we eventually met near the station and had coffee and talked together.  It was a very nice day. I was very happy to see her again.  After our reunion, I took the subway back to Hoegi station, and the bus back to the apartment.  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home