Thursday, April 17, 2014

First Day at Kyunghee

Today was also great!
I woke up, showered and got ready, ate a delicious breakfast that Minseong's mother made, and then took the school bus with him to the school.  Once at the school, I met with the Principal, Minseong, Professor Ahn, and Mrs. Lee (the art teacher).  I then went to observe two classes in the art room. She gave me two Korean art text books, which was very generous of her.  I was very grateful.  I was surprised to see how the students behaved.  I had a preconceived notion that they were going to be much more disciplined and much quieter than the students in America.  This was not the case... they were actually very similar!  I definitely liked them a lot. They were very interested in me. Once these classes were complete, it was linch time.  I ate Bulgogi in the Teacher's cafeteria with one of the ESL teachers.  After lunch, I observed a class with another ESL teacher from New York.  I really enjoyed seeing how he interacted so easily with the students in a funny way.  Overall, it was a great first day, and I can not wait to see what tomorrow brings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home