Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Arrival

Okay, sorry it's been a while since I made a post.  The internet connection has not been reliable.  Anyways....my experience so far has been great!  Before we left Dallas airport, a small problem was found with our plane. It was fixed, though, then we were on our way.  It delayed us by about 45 minutes, though.  As far as 14.5 hour flights go, though, it was a pretty good one. They even served bibimbap!  I had a whole row (one of the small ones by a window) all to myself...so I had plenty of room to stretch and get up if I needed to.  Upon arrival to Incheon... I went through customs, claimed my baggage, got Korean currency from the ATM, bought a bus ticket, called professor Ahn, and took my bus to the Cheyonyangni (spelling?) station.  The bus ride was about two hours, but Professor Ahn was waiting there for me.  She took me in her car to meet my host family.  I was very nervous.  They are extremely sweet.  I was so happy to see them.  I was greeted eagerly by Minseong (my host brother), two of his friends, his mother, one of his friend's mothers, and his helper.  We went out to eat at a fancy steak restaurant.  I think they were trying to make me feel at home by eating at a place that served American food.  That was very kind of them.  Once we got back... I was about to die of exhaustion, so we went to bed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home